Roo and Tugs and joined by Taryn Aiken, of the Utah Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, and Cathy, who works with at-risk youth who struggle with depression and suicide. Your hosts ask for tips on how to spot those who are at-risk, what causes depression and suicide, and how to handle these difficult situations. Ask we ask these questions, we weave in your emails and stories, and ultimately learn no one is alone in this fight and we all can help each other to see tomorrow. (Podcatchers and iTunes listeners: Please take a moment to visit the show notes page for this episode.)
Programming note: Space News has been posted as a separate show bonus on the episode page.
Special Programming Note
This episode is dedicated to all those who have been affected by suicide, and also to Christy Bent. Christy, who is Koru’s mother, died by suicide in the summer of 2014.
If you need assistance in helping someone with suicide, or are struggling yourself with suicide call 800-273-8255. They’re available 24/7/365 and have the tools and know-how on how to help you. Remember, there is NO shame in admitting you need a little help.
For more information on the My3 App discussed in this episode, check out www.my3app.org.
Show bonus: Space news is right here! Get your fix!
- Our guests, Taryn and Cathy.
- Alan the Rat King (and if Tugs still has this messed up, he quits)
- Fido the Cabbit
- Curran J
- Edward Fuzzypaws
- Wolfi Coyote
- Leo the Artist
- Kira the Fox
- Opening theme: Fredrik Miller– Cloud Fields (Radio Mix). USA: Bandcamp, 2011. ©2011 Fur What It’s Worth. (Buy a copy here – support your fellow furs!)
- Space News Music: Fredrik Miller – Orbit. USA: Bandcamp, 2013. Used with permission. (Buy a copy here – support your fellow furs)
- Closing: Fredrik Miller – Cloud Fields (Chill Out Mix). USA: Bandcamp, 2011. ©2011 Fur What It’s Worth. (Buy a copy here – support your fellow furs!)
Next episode: Next episode we’ll be talking about caring for the not-pretend animals, aka pets. Do you have a dog or cat or unusual pet? Did your fursona influence your pet selection? How do you take good care of your pets? Do you have friends who don’t? Send your emails by Feb 19, 2015!